Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Tiramisu Cake and Ekin's Engagement Party



My good friends Ekin and Ozan got engaged a few months back in LA and they drove up to the city to celebrate. I was part of the organization committee and we had a lot of fun planning and spending countless hours on the details, especially with Cagla (Ekin's sister)!

Ekin's favorite cake is tiramisu, so making the cake was easy. I used Heidi's Beeramisu recipe and added pastry cream and used Kahlua instead of beer. It was really delicious!

For the decorations, I was tempted to make the box from fondant but went to a BBQ instead, so I used a real box. (Yes, I do have Tiffany's boxes at home, and yes, Ekin's ring came from there:)

Lots of pictures on Flickr but here are my favorites. I've always wanted to try the custom ordering with M&Ms and they turned out great. M&M execs loved our idea and now they will be mass producing E&O, 3-JUN-06 and L-U-V engraved mms, only available in blue and off white:)))....joking of course!



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lovely picture! Tiramisu is my favorite dessert!

Can't wait to see the round up for JFI!

-A

Anonymous said...

Nice sight. I'll give some of these a try.
Rick Hobson
http://www.bakingformen.blogspot.com