Thursday, October 05, 2006

Organico Recipes: Julayne's Blueberry Muffins

Blueberry Muffins

Julayne started blogging about her experience in Cambodia. Her blog is really cool and I can't wait to see her pictures. I met her through Lane and she has been such an inspiration to me on this Costa Rica deal...Quoting wonderful Ann, cheers to the citizens of the world!

Julayne loves blueberry muffins and she is on the Organico menu, as long as she keeps her promise to come and taste the real thing:)

I used Mendocino Mornings cookbook for the base recipe and veganized it by replacing the egg with flax seed, milk with soy milk, butter with coconut oil and mashed bananas...I also used a mix of corn meal and wholewheat flour with regular flour...It is fun to be a fairy!

Also, special thanks to Phil for the latest and the greatest addition to my bakeware collection...The ultimate muffin pan- in red and silicon...It rocks!

And also special thanks to Mama Boothby for lending me the cookbook. Highly recommended!