Thursday, November 30, 2006

Surfing with Mantarrayas

Surfing was crazy this morning...There was an animal with a fin, I thought it was a shark and that was the moment when you think all is going to end in a few seconds...I was calm and happy to be in water...We can never predict what will happen and I love to live my life this way...Not only me, Mauritzio was also scared and he jumped on the board as well. For the next two minutes there were no waves coming towards our way to take us back to the shore...We just looked at each other and tried to keep calm. When we made it to the shore, he said he thought it was a shark too, a small one...but now he is convinced that they are mantarrayas...It is almost full moon and mating time...Lesson learned, skip surfing and go to yoga when it is full moon...Otherwise, surfing is really fun!
 
My first visitors, Janis and Veronika left for Monteverde today. It was great to have friends in town and they made me so much more excited about Organico. As I promised, their names will be on the menu!  Janis got the Mango-Papaya shake and Veronika got Chilled Lemon-Mint Tea...You have to come and taste them pretty soon!
 
I had two ideas for the cafe, offer free coffee refills and have grilled plantains on the menu...The soda next door opened yesterday and on their menu board it reads "free coffee refills and breakfast special grilled plantains" DAMN!!!! I am heading there for a competitive review:)
 
May all creatures, all living things,
all beings one and all,
experience good fortune only.
May they not fall into harm.

Anguttara Nikaya II, 72