Sunday, February 28, 2010

when we are long gone..

Saturday morning I woke up with a phone call from a friend, asking me to get ready to be picked up. A tsunami warning has been issued for Costa Rica after the 8.1 earthquake in Chile. Wow. These words came out without much thinking "Ok, I am ready to leave, but wait a second I have employees..." i was worried about them. I left home with my passport and put on my favorite jean skirt. In a split second, looked at my beautiful laptop and said to myself, no, not worth it at all. I felt pretty good about not having anything to take from my place...On the way to the cafe, I saw life differently...like a play..some people running around, some acted like nothing has happened, some careless and the birds flying with no sign of panic. It felt like I was on a movie set, it was timeless.  

When I arrived at the cafe, got another call that the warning for Costa Rica has been reversed and we were safe to be back in business. Yay for the saturday market and super sexy shakes!!! 

I saw the news on the internet, Chile, life, all this struggle, search, happiness, pain, healing, friends, family, babies, but just seconds of memories...this moment, now. The recordings were full of sadness and frustration, our helplessness as human beings,  hopelessness...how can we help...how can we heal this planet? 

Later today another friend shared this beautiful song, I've never heard before. Touched my heart and still listening to it on repeat. Sending all the love, support and healing to everyone in need, with gratitude to the universe, my body and wonderful experiences I am sharing with you. When we gone, long gone, the only thing that will matter is the love that we shared, and the way that we cared, when we're gone, long gone. Super good. May we all be blessed by the love we have for each other, in this body on this planet. Now...



1 comment:

william thomson said...

i like what you write here.